Today, a versatile range of technology is paramount to success, and technology has been at the core of CST Studio Suite since inception. To keep pace with the rapidly increasing demand to analyze more complex systems in less time, this technology, from user interface to postprocessing, must work in concert. With technology tailored to electromagnetic analysis, CST Studio Suite is the only toolset to deliver in all phases. Continue reading to see some examples.
- Advanced, intuitive modeling interface
- 2D and 3D CAD import
- EDA layout import
- Modification and parameterization of imports
- Material library
- Lossy, anisotropic, dispersive, coated, layered thin panel, surface impedance, time dependent, temperature dependent, and non-linear material model
- Conformal hexahedral volumetric grid, both structured and unstructured, with Perfect Boundary Approximation (PBA)®
- Tetrahedral volumetric grid with Curved Elements, True Geometry Adaptation, and Elastic meshing
- Hybrid triangular and quadrilateral surface grids with Curved Elements
- A solver selection from DC to daylight, both volumetric and surface based techniques, including specialty methods for EMC and EDA applications, and related physics domains such as thermal and mechanical.
- Local and global optimization methods
- High performance computing on clusters, GPUs, and workstations
- Automated postprocessing
Figure: a) complex antenna geometry, b) intelligent, curved, hybrid mesh with automatic metal edge refinement, and c) surface current distribution, d) volumetric hexahedral mesh, e) close up on unstructured hex grid, f) close up on warped cells conforming to the geometry.
The greatest technology in the world is useless if it cannot be used, and since inception CST Studio Suite has been widely recognized as the most user friendly. With an interactive 3D modeler, schematic layout, synthesis modules, and postprocessing thru templates or free-form, unlocking the benefits of electromagnetic analysis is simplified to the max. The strong emphasis on user interface, automation, and minimizing the engineering time spent driving the tool allows users to extract the most value from the software. Read below for some of the key usability aspects.
- Inherently parameteric user environment – if it can be a number, it can also be a parameter
- Driven by scripts – the integrated scripting language allows for a highly automated workflow
- The intuitive and easy to learn modeling engine is powerful enough to create the most complex geometries
- Synthesis tools for antennas, filters, waveguide devices, and more
- Drag and drop functionality
- Automatic mesh generation and refinement
- History list – modify and/or insert instructions in arbitrary locations
- Integrated and automated postprocessing engine – optimize for any result
- Powerful visualization and graphical rendering engine – even the most complex geometries and results are displayed and manipulated with ease
- Component library to store and categorize results
- System assembly workflow to easily combine various simulation models
Figure: Demonstration of changing/parameterizing imported structures with face modifications and conformal bending.
Today, there are multiple applications involved for most stages in the design flow, and data exchange between them all can be a complex and difficult task. CST Studio Suite is engineered to work seamlessly with partner tools. From co-simulation between the various physics packages internally, to automated data exchange externally, CST Studio Suite fits in to your workflow with minimal manipulation further enhancing the return on investment.
- EM↔EM coupling
- EM↔Cable Harness co-simulation
- EM↔Thermal coupling
- Thermal↔Mechanical coupling
- Thermal↔Fluid Dynamics coupling
- Transient EM↔Circuit co-simulation
- System Assembly and Modeling (SAM) framework
- 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- Antenna Magus
- Optenni Lab®
- 3D CAD tools
- EDA layout tools
- MS Excel